Do you also want to become an actor in Bollywood? And looking at myself in the mirror, I think why can’t I come on the golden screen? How to start becoming an actor? What to do in Mumbai? So let’s try to find answers to these questions today.
In our country, most of the people grow up watching Bollywood movies, listening to the songs of films on radio TV, as movies are the main means of entertainment. Everyone is impressed by the glamor and lifestyle of film actors, Dil Chahta Hai wish we could be seen on the film screen sometime.
Friends, it is not impossible for this to happen, but before catching the train to Mumbai, consider some of the things written below –
What to do ?
If you have thought about the answer to all these questions, then you can leave for Mumbai. By the way, it would have been more practical if you went to Mumbai after completing your course by taking admission in the Film and TV Training Institute or NSD, Pune.
National School of Drama ( NSD) – New Delhi –
Along with FTII, Pune, the National School of Drama is also one of the most enduring and best acting schools in India. Established in the year 1959, the National School of Drama functions under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
For more information about the fee structure in the National School of Drama and other information, you can visit their website.
What is acting?
Human emotions like anger, love, violent tendencies etc. have to be expressed through their body language, physical activity, fluctuating dialogues and facial expressions.
Gradually, as practice increases, laughing or tearing in front of the camera becomes a game of minutes. When you join acting class, you will be taught their method there. For example, if you want to do a crying scene, hold your breath for 2 minutes before going in front of the camera, then go in front of the camera and speak your dialogue. This will automatically bring tears to your eyes.
How to start in Mumbai
1. Accommodation Arrangement –
Now you are in the city of Maya, Mumbai. Most of the work of films in Mumbai is done in the Andheri area. The area also houses the offices of several film and TV production houses and the residences of artists. Here you will get accommodation at low rates. Apart from this, most of the strugglers live in the Aramnagar area of Versova.
These 5-6 people live there on rent together on room sharing basis. Whether you live by sharing a room or taking your own separate flat, the struggle is for everyone to be the same. To give information about such places, you will find many advertisement boards or posters there, in which you can get information about rent etc. by calling the given numbers.
2. Join Acting Class –
If your budget allows, then acting classes can also be joined here. Kishore Namit Kapoor’s institute is ahead among the successful acting schools. Many Bollywood stars have taken training here, here the fee of 4 months course is about 2.25 lakh rupees and 9 months course fee is 3.5 lakh rupees.
Actors like Subhash Ghai and Anupam Kher are also running acting schools, here you will get a chance to learn the nuances of acting, which you will feel yourself a little mature as well as there you will also be introduced to people who are struggling like you.
3. Do Modeling –
Friends modeling is such a platform from where very big stars have emerged and succeeded in Bollywood. You can leave your resume and photograph there by contacting the modeling agency. A good face pawn and good physique can come in handy for getting a job in modeling.
If you get work in this field, then the cost of living in Mumbai will also continue to come out. Along with this, you will also be able to motivate yourself by avoiding getting trapped in the vortex of despair. Modeling is happening in any event and if you are getting a chance, then that opportunity should not be missed.
4. Meet the Casting Director –
1. Balaji Telefilms
2. Jai Mehta Production House
3. Rashmi Sharma Telefilms
4. Shashi Sumeet Production
5. Director’s Cut Production The job of a casting director is to present the people chosen by him to the director by selecting an actor with stature and facial features according to the character written in the script.
What to do when you meet the casting director
1. Tell us about your acting experience and if you have worked in any theater etc. Give them your phone number or card. 2. You can also show them the photos taken from your mobile. The closeup of the face in this photo should be taken from the front and right-left side. This photo should be taken without makeup. Don’t think that looking fair with makeup will work. Your real look should come in the photo. Along with the closeup photo, keep a photo covering the mid and full body. 3. Not everyone can get selected in the audition. Apart from acting ability, the character’s face is pawn and physique according to the demand of the story. Whose match will be with them, the casting director selects the same. So if you are told “not fit”, there is no need to be disappointed. also read –
5. Find work in TV –
Nowadays there is a lot of work in TV too because serials are needed for broadcast in dozens of TV channels. Gin is fulfilled by making TV production houses serials. You have to spend your time in production houses, studios and auditions when you get the chance.
You will have to fill the membership fee and form by going to the office of the association, then they will make you a card of yours.
Through the membership card, you will be able to enter studios and places related to film production. It is mandatory to have this membership card to get work in film and TV because most of the production houses do not give work without this card.
6. Become a member –
CINTAA (Cine & TV Artistes’ Association) with over 9000 members is a large association of artists. This organization works for the promotion of artist’s interest along with resolving any kind of dispute between the artist and the producer. For this you can contact at the following address –
Opp. Laxmi Industrial Estate,
New Link Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai-400053
+91 22 26730511 / 10
+91 93244 32324. [email protected]
New Delhi – 110 020.
7. Have a Positive Attitude –
Never let your attitude get weak, keep trying your best to bring out the talent inside you, remember you can win the hearts of people only on the basis of your acting and that is what makes you an actor, do something that people see you So feel that there is something inside you.
8. Biggest illusion –
To bring the story of a film or serial to the screen, actors of all ages and faces are needed, so do not keep any confusion in your mind in this matter. Many actors like Om Puri, Nawazuddin Siddiqui have been successful in the film industry even after being a simple face piece.
9. Give your best in the audition –
1. Introduce yourself first by coming in front of the camera, then while moving right and left, give right and left poses of your face. After this, whatever dialogues have been given to you, you will have to speak it in front of the camera, bringing fluctuations in voice according to the character. 2. You have to act there according to the situation of the character and the scene. You can also be given get up according to the eligibility. 3. If the casting director had already told you to come wearing a costume, then arrange for such clothes for yourself. According to the roll, wearing kurta, jacket etc. is asked to come. 4. To know the result of the audition, contact the production house on the given date by yourself. If your performance is good then you can get work, even if you do not get work, then there is no need to be disappointed, keep your efforts as well as keep improving your acting skills.
If you liked this post ” How to start acting in Mumbai “ then share it with your friends. Write your questions and suggestions in the comment box. Keep visiting this website for more useful information of Bollywood.